Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And So It Begins...

The most recent words out of my mouth were, "I can't believe I'm doing this." The idea of devoting myself so wholeheartedly to this concept completely unnerves me, just like the first day of school always did; a mix of excitement and fear. On a whim, I've dreamt up the notion of a blueberry-flavored Swedish fish. Now I'm asking friends and strangers alike for their serious opinion on the idea. How random is that? It's been a while since I've experienced such uncertainty, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all, isn't uncertainty what makes a story exciting?

So, here we are at the beginning of Swedish Fish Blue. What you may be wondering is, "How does a person become so infatuated with the thought of a candy?" Well, as broke as I've been, I find the thought of most foods tantalizing. I could easily write a long list of the snacks I've been missing, but, for some reason, Swedish Fish dominate my mind as if it were an imaginary aquarium. There really is no substitute for Swedish Fish. Even the most avid Swedish Fish lovers have trouble describing the unique taste. Nothing else compares! If I'm making Swedish Fish sound like a rare delicacy, maybe it's because they're just that good!

In the 1970s, the Swedish Fish left their home in Sweden with confectioner Malaco and made their way to North America. Since their debut, Swedish Fish have become a legendary candy--their modern confectioner, Cadbury, claims that 7,000 metric tons of Swedish Fish are produced each year!

The original flavor is obviously a smash hit, but after all this time, I'm ready for something new--something blue--and not just blue raspberry flavored, but blueberry! I'm not sure how blueberries got mixed up in this. All I know is that from the moment I envisioned that beautiful deep blue Swedish Fish, I've been able to breathe in the blueberry scent and taste the mouthwatering flavor.

My first step in making blueberry Swedish Fish a reality is to gather together as many like-minded Swedish Fish lovers as possible! If you'd like to accompany me on this adventure, please follow this blog!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great idea. I think you should go for it any way you can to make it a reality. I'd eat em and love every one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project Control, that is so awesome. I am entirely inspired to do this--of course, it won't be just me. It will be the voices of many, many people like you and I who want this to happen, forming a massive presence that cannot be ignored. I will find a simple but effective way to gather each individual's desire for blueberry Swedish Fish into a collective statement!

    ReplyDelete