Saturday, February 28, 2009

When Swedish Fish Attack

Before today, I would have never thought it was possible to demonize Swedish Fish. To my surprise, I discovered the feat had been accomplished by none other than an accredited candy vendor in one of the least appealing sales pitches I have ever seen:

"These yummy fish swim upstream.... through saliva river! They would like to spawn in your tummy."


The imaginative people at "CandyWarehouse.com", operating out of Irwindale, California, are the proud authors of this gem. See the quote in its original context here. Perhaps someone at Candy Warehouse has watched the movie "Alien" one too many times. Thankfully, Swedish Fish are just so delicious that I'll be able to continue eating them without picturing my stomach being grossly violated as a breeding ground. Nice one, Candy Warehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment